Men's EC Races 2010
Men's EC races
Sprint Downhill in 2 runs
First time ever in the European Cup
Friday, 10th December, 2010
From 9 am
Training: Thursday, 9th December, 2010
Pichl - Reiteralm
- For the very first time in the history of the Alpine European Cup series, a Sprint Downhill in 2 runs was held on the challenging Gasselhöhe World Cup slope.
- The 1st run started at 9 am, at ca. 11.30 am the 2nd run started.
- There was a large starting field - over 120 racers signed up. Racers from all over the world, from 23 countries, entered the competition.
- The entire Austrian EC Team, on the World Cup's doorstep, was competing.
- The Award Ceremony too, place in the finish area after the races.
The World Cup proved team with head of OC Karl Fischbacher and chief of race Rennleiter Christian Perner, in co-operation with ski club WSV Pichl-Reiteralm, tourist office TV Pichl-Reiteralm and the Reiteralm Bergbahnen, as well as many other helpers, organised yet another great international event on Reiteralm.
After intensiv preparation works, the training runs were snoothly held on 9th December.
The races, however, had to be cancelled due to a strong storm.